Tuesday 7 April 2009

Devastating Distance

One of the downsides of having friends in strange lands is that it can take a while for bad news to filter through our six degrees of separation. I hadn't heard from one of my dear friends in a few weeks, so I tried giving her call but her phone had been disconnected. I knew something was up and hoped she had just decided to move country on a crazy whim rather than something more serious.

Unfortunately it was something more serious.

She had a serious stroke which paralyzed the left side of her body. At present she can't walk and is stuck in some rehabilitation hospital in Korea after spending 2 weeks in ICU. It's taken six weeks from the stroke for me to find out what happened and I still don't have any way to get in contact with her.

1 comment:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Oh shit! Lacking bright ideas of ways to get in contact :/

xox