Saturday 30 August 2008

Why thank you!



The ineffable Blue Milk has given us a meme-ish sort of award. It's for being a blog she likes.

Blue Milk, we love you too.

And now, we get to pass the award on to some other people we like. Here are the rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

Okay then... here we go. Before you ask, I did consult my blogging sisters about these.

What we said, where the sayers don't have a high posting frequency, but "when they do I find their posts leave little fingerprints in my synapses, as I think about them for a long while afterwards."

Radical Cross Stitch by Kakariki - fiercely feminist, left wing and pretty.

2 B Sophora - a dairy farming feminist. What's not to like about this.

Fly my Pretty Same sex feminist mum, with infant twins.

Ideologically Impure - inspired feminist ranting by the Queen of Thorns. Also, QoT has a great blog header.

Elsewoman, written by unrepentant second-wave feminist Anne Else.

And to finish of, one of us, whose blog I love, and yes, she had no hand in this - I've done this entirely on my own recognizance.

Kiwi Stargazer, by Anjum Rahman, a Kiwi woman, born in India, a Muslim, a mother, an accountant, a political activist, a feminist, a woman of integrity, and all-round wonderfulness.

We can nominate more than seven, so THM bloggers, feel free to click that edit icon and add some more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew I'd go far in life with an American McGee's Alice header. :P

stargazer said...

thank you so much for this deborah, i'm really honoured. talk about making my day!

Amanda said...

Why thank you! (On behalf of my fellow What We Saiders)

Julie said...

Thanks so much for putting this together Deborah. I'm really touched that bluemilk honoured us, and it's nice to be able to pass around the warm fluffies :-)

AnneE said...

I've just discovered (not having visited my own blog for a while, let alone posted to it - I Will Do Better) that you've included my blog in your nominations! Thank you very much - as Stargazer says, you've made my day (which had not been great until now, consisting mainly of paid editing work, dishes and clearing the kitty litter). You've also introduced me to a brilliant range of blogs.