*sound of person rattling stuck drawer vigorously*
*sound of drawer suddenly exploding from the dresser, and its contents falling on the floor*
- Deborah celebrates her first blogiversary, after lamenting the idiotic remarks of some people who would do well to engage brain before mouth.
- Jafapete examines the Law Commission's report on many of the issues raised in recent rape trials around disclosure of previous convictions and the like.
- The ex-expat considers her weightloss and the contribution of willpower.
- Joe reports on Price Waterhouse Coopers stance on how a capital gains tax would dampen their the profits garnered from giving advice on tax avoidance.
- Sophie writes about some bad bad journalism, on the subject of breast cancer self-checks.
- Russell exposes us all to a fascinating work of research on the evolution of ridiculousness like "Helengrad" and "dykocracy" and a fascinating conversation results on PA System.
- Meganwegan shares how to have a great weekend sans alcoholic assistance.
- Art and my life muses on art as carthasis.
- Janelle snaps some classic Little Golden Book illustrations.
- barvasfiend tells us about the horrible contagious face cancer killing cute little Tasmanian Devils.
- Make Tea Not War just isn't that into gender wars.
- Amy reveals a possibly scientific discovery that may help the high heel wearers amongst us.
- Anjum takes on some fact twisters.
More new stuff on Veitch from Danyl, Lita once, twice, barvasfiend once, twice, thrice, Paul, , Jafapete once, twice, thrice, Ari, Ruth, and webweaver.
New to the blogroll:
Sas' Magical Mystery Tour
And The Hand Mirror has now (well) passed the 1000 comment mark - thanks everyone for contributing to the micro-community we have going here, it is very heartening.