- The Herald reports on the radical move by a number of exclusive men's clubs in Melbourne to allow women to join. Apparently women don't want to be allowed to join, or something.
- Richard Boock writes about the inequalities women face in the sporting world, with some startling examples like the prize for the top sports journo in the Qantas Media Awards being your weight in beer... (Thanks to Joanna for emailing me about this).
- The Herald's sub-eds strike again - the headline implies Bill Clinton thinks Palin is sexually attractive, but when you actually read the article it doesn't come out that way at all.
- Parliament opens their "Rainbow Room," a select committee room dedicated to recognising the contributions of lesbian, gay and transgender MPs.
- Profile of National's departing woman MP, Katherine Rich, here. No doubt there will be more to come on this once she delivers her valedictory, does anyone know when that will be?
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
at 11:07 am by Julie
A few articles that may be of interest to you: