- Sophie muses on being "the girl on the phone."
- Brie considers whether she is ethnic at heart.
- Emma Hart tells the story of her life at sixteen.
- Webweaver covers the American VP debate, complete with video.
- A single parent looks at the difficulties of financial decoupling.
- Anjum writes about the difference in coverage of your demise, depending on your level of fame.
- johanna tells us why she cross-stitched a quote from Joan Jett which inspired a Swedish punk song.
- barvasfiend has worked out how annoying yappy dogs evolved.
- Joanna contributes a great post on a great read, The Wisdom of Whores.
- the ex-expat has (I think) finished her travelogue of her time in North Korea, and you should read them all.
- Idiot Savant highlights the correlation between a mother's expectations for her daughter and the self-confidence of said offspring.
And new to the blogroll:
Kiwi Thoughts by Helen Hapeta (thanks to Deborah for noticing this one)
Luddite Journo (hat tipped to Idiot/Savant)