This series will not be about whole policy areas, but focus in very clearly on specific measures that are currently in place, e.g. Paid Parental Leave, or that have been the subject of some advocacy/controversy, eg Herceptin, and summarise (very succintly) what each party's stated approach is.
This really is going to be dependent on two things: a) our workload off-blog, and b) how easily accessible parties make that policy detail (including when they release it). So the Policy Quickies may fizzle out, or they may flourish and multiply.
Either way, this post will serve as index list for our Policy Quickie posts. Feel free to suggest areas for attention in comments.
Here are the ones I hope we'll get to once time and policy accessiblity allow (they'll be updated with a date and a link once each post is written):
- Paid Parental Leave - 22nd October 2008
- Funding for Herceptin (see comments to this post for why)
- Abortion Law Reform - 6th November 2008
- Maternity stays in hospital/birthing units - 3rd November 2008
- Pay equity legislation
- Domestic Purposes Benefit - 20th October 2008
- Role of the Ministry of Women's Affairs - 2nd November 2008