Monday 3 November 2008

Event: Launch of Stephanie Johnson's new book

BOOKLAUNCH - STEPHANIE JOHNSON - SWIMMERS' ROPE

You are invited to join Random House & The Women's Bookshop to launch the latest novel from this brilliant Ponsonby author.

Friday 7 November 6pm

At The Women's Bookshop, Ponsonby Road, Auckland; Stephanie speaking at 6.30pm

I've not put "feminist event" for this as having read quite a few of Johnson's books I'm quite confused about her politics. She certainly writes some good female characters (I particularly liked her female PM in John Tomb's Head which I just finished reading recently), and she's also written a novel which features an event bearing striking similarity to the attack on Mervyn Thompson in the 1980s, which was blamed on feminists at UOA at the time. Feminist or not, I suspect she'd be interesting to hear nonetheless.

No comments: