Sunday 29 March 2009

Calling Dunedin parents of pre-schoolers: Mind the Brain

Mind the Brain started up in Dunedin recently:
Dunedin’s new monthly forum is for parents who wish to remain connected to the world beyond the domestic sphere by meeting once a month to hear guest speakers talk on current affairs, politics, science to literature and the environment.
There's a Facebook group, and their next event is on April 21st, when local MP Clare Curran will speak.

The forum runs every third Tuesday of the month from 9am to 10am at Croque-o-dile in the Garden Cafe, Dunedin Botanical Gardens. For more info or to get in touch check out their website.

Usually I find myself wishing I lived in Wellington, but for once I'm thinking wistfully of Dunedin instead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this (my brain thanks you too)

Anna said...

What a great idea! When I was a working-from-home mum, I often felt really lonely and bored out of my tree - I would have loved something like this, that I could have taken baby along to, and talked with grow ups.