1. Behave like a female, i.e. with all the tenderness of a female.The article is written from an Islamic point of view, but all of the above points struck me as ones I have heard or read made without reference to Allah or indeed religion at all sometimes. In my experience it's often more subtle, like the men at the table getting larger portions or the unburnt chops, but not always. I have quite recently heard a woman of my acquaintance criticise a family member for not helping her with some pretty heavy outside work because she was pregnant, but the man who also didn't help was not to be criticised at all.
16. When he’s talking about something boring, listen and nod your head. Even ask questions to make it seem like you’re interested.
19. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. It’s a big deal.
27. Make jokes. If you’re not naturally funny, find some jokes on the internet.
31. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If you’re a housewife, take online classes and be active in your community. This will not only make you happy but will impress your husband too.
35. Have a race with your husband and let him win, even if you are much fitter than him.
36. Be fit and take care of your health; you will remain a strong mother, wife, cook and housekeeper.
38. Do not leave the house without his permission and certainly not without his knowledge.
47. Try (hard as it might be) to take interest in his hobbies (bowling?). Try not to go shopping too much and spend all his money.
These points struck me as pretty good advice:
8. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother.The article inspired this comment:
52. If you are not satisfied intimately, talk to him and help him. Don’t wait till matters become worse.
Yesterday I had delegation from all of New Zealand Universities visiting the Kingdom. The article was so impressive and everyone liked it. We had chat on all listed 57 ways of winning your husband's love. Every one requested copy to give it to his wife when he got back to New Zealand. Thanks [my emphasis added]How's that going for them then?
Black leather cap tipped to reader B who emailed me with this one.