hi all. just reproducing an email i got this morning from the yes vote campaign:
Now is the time to engage support for the Yes Vote
With the referendum so close, now is the time to reach as many New Zealand voters as possible with the Yes Vote message.
People have asked how they can help. Here is what you can do:
1. - Have a conversation. Encourage people to vote. A strong Yes Vote outcome will help secure the 2007 law – now and in the future. A Yes Vote is a strong statement in support of the law. Not voting or spoiling the ballot paper leaves the floor open to the No Vote.
2. - Visit the website – there is a wealth of information there about why New Zealanders should be voting yes.
3. - If you have not already done so sign up as a supporter – individually and also get your agency to join – this way we can keep in touch with you. The list will also be useful evidence of support for the law if we need to resist the reintroduction of legal assault on children in the future. Type your e-mail address in the box on the right of our web page.
4. - Visit our website and download the flyer. Print this off and give to friends, family and clients. Take a walk in your local neighbourhood and distribute the flyer in letter boxes.
5. - Tell your MP you are voting Yes by using our website to send the message.
The 2007 law change plays a part in reducing violence to children and within families in New Zealand. It will play a part in securing more positive outcomes for many children. Please help us keep this law secure by supporting a YesVote in the 2009 referendum.