Women subsidise the economy by nearly $4B a year!
NZ women earn at least 12% less (on average hourly earnings) than men. It's as if from 18th November until the end of the year women are working for free.
Nearly 1 million people miss out on nearly $4,000 million in wages every year - because they are women.
How does this happen?
- Women don't always get equal pay for the same work as their male colleagues. Often they don't even know what male colleagues are earning. Do you?
- The majority of the workers in lower paid jobs are women.
- Occupations dominated by women (such as social work) are often underpaid in relation to comparable work in which men dominate
- Women are often in roles with short career ladders, limiting their opportunities to improve their pay through promotion
- Existing pay equal pay and opportunities legislation needs to be enforced.
1200 Pay equity debt collectors leaving CTU for Midland Park - (dressed up)Sounds fab!
1220 Meeting for leafleting in Midland Park
1235 Angela will do a brief welcome; union representative, MPs asked to give brief statement of support
1245 Photos in front of invoice ( you should see it - it is massive )
1255 More leafleting and finally;
1.15 Coffee at Astoria