Tuesday 2 February 2010

And I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky feminists

Seeing as how it's not January anymore, when I tend to actively avoid stuff that annoys me, here's something to raise your blood pressure. From the National Post, which I understand is a pretty major newspaper in Canada, comes this doozy of an anonymous editorial, hating on Women's Studies.

A couple of lowlights:
The radical feminism behind these courses has done untold damage to families, our court systems, labour laws, constitutional freedoms and even the ordinary relations between men and women.

...They have pushed for universal daycare and mandatory government-run kindergarten, advocated higher taxes to pay for vast new social entitlements and even put forward the notion that the only differences between males and females are "relatively insignificant, external features." All other differences are said to be the result of patriarchal brainwashing. So the only way to ensure gender equality is to turn over all education to the state, where professionals can ensure only unbiased instruction.
Of the comments I read this was my favourite:
twinkiethekidd: So, to sum up: universal daycare=bad. Diversity training=bad. Employment equity=bad. You're right, unnamed writer of this article: Women's Studies courses have ruined everything for everyone. Thank god I have the Post to set me straight or I might think women should get to, like, vote and stuff.
So if your week could do with a little more boiling blood in it, go have a read. There's been some suggestion it's satirical, but I see no evidence of that yet...

1 comment:

Leia Organa said...

I can't even bring myself to read it. I really hope it's satirical!