Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Vatican sux - the Facebook status update edition

Julie so if the Vatican is now saying that homosexuality and paedophilia are linked (which they aren't), doesn't that just mean they are implying that all their priests who have abused children are gay, in which case isn't this child abuse stuff STILL their problem?
6 hours ago

Giovanni You would think so.
6 hours ago

P What 'problem'...?
6 hours ago

A Just when I think the church has descended to a new low, it pulls something like this out of its big white and gold pointy hat. I don't know what's more vile - the attempt to encourage hatred against gays in the hope of deflecting criticism, or the fact that the Pope doesn't have the balls to say this stuff himself and gets his lackeys to do it for him.
6 hours ago

Julie Next they'll be blaming the Jews, honestly this is shameful.
6 hours ago

Giovanni "Next they'll be blaming the Jews"
Too late! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7090408.ece
6 hours ago

A Been there, done that. I can't remember which senior clergyman it was, but a few weeks ago, he said that the Catholic Church was getting disproportionate blame, when a bunch of other denominations and religions have been abusing kids too - the Jews were mentioned in this context. Over Easter, a Cardinal then had the audacity to claim that the '... See morepersecution' of the Church is comparable to the experiences of the Jews during the Holocaust. PR fail, guys. We've now had gays, Jews and liberals blamed. I wonder if the bookies are taking bets on the next group of 'undesirables' to be held responsible? If I was a betting woman, I'd say feminists - but time will tell.
6 hours ago

Julie
Now I really want to know what is the Italian for hedgehog.
5 hours ago

Giovanni Riccio.
5 hours ago

Julie Like Richie-o or like Rikkio?
5 hours ago

Giovanni The former. The latter actually sounds like ricchiò which is a slur against homosexuals so better stick with the right pronunciation!
5 hours ago

Julie Maybe they meant to say ricchio? Would seem somewhat fitting.
5 hours ago

Giovanni I get called names when I go there. Nonetheless, the way he speaks, the Prada shoes, the personal secretary who looks just like Cary Grant... I think my mother is right about His Holiness.
5 hours ago

Giovanni Not That There's Anything Wrong With That.
5 hours ago

P I bet he liked Joan Crawford too in her sparkly gold dresses and flash hats...oh...
5 hours ago

L Maybe it's a conspiracy by Jewish Homosexuals to bring down the Catholic church? Or something.....
about an hour ago

Julie I guess they won't be that keen to admit that Elton John was right about sorry being the hardest word.
5 minutes ago

Giovanni
Do you want me to start my rant about how the Church pardoned Galileo - pardoned him! - in the 1980s
about a minute ago

Julie So Benny probably doesn't listen to Bohemian Rhapsody much either then?
A few seconds ago

No comments: