Monday 28 June 2010

Interesting cinema in the NZ International Film Festival

Or the Fillum Festival as Kim Hill would say.

Docos on women's issues:
  • Love, Lust and Lies
  • Salam Rugby
  • His and Hers
Movies on women's stuff:
  • Scheherazade, Tell Me a Story (I really want to see this!)
  • Women Without Men
And heaps of other films made by women film-makers, including these ones made by/about New Zealanders:
  • After the Waterfall
  • Asylum Pieces
  • From Poverty Bay to Broadway
  • Gordon Crook
  • The Free China Junk
  • The Rainbow Warriors of Waiheke Island
  • There Once Was An Island: Te Henua e Noho (produced by a friend of mine, I really want to see this too)
The NZFFl starts in Auckland on July 8th, and then travels around the country until late November. You can find out more at their website.

1 comment:

Boganette said...

I really want to see There Once Was An Island but I'm working and it's only showing in Wellington once.

I'm booked in to see the Bill Hicks doco but I'm going to try and book Asylum Peices and Salem Rugby.