Wednesday 29 September 2010

Issues with comments

Just a very quick note to say we are having some trouble with Blogger automatically deciding a comment is spam and not publishing it.  As the main person who checks these kinds of things (me) is currently on a break we are not able to check these as often as we would like.  Please don't assume we have deleted a comment if it hasn't appeared, especially if you had a link in it, as we usually do say we've deleted something and why.  When I get a chance (possibly not for a week or two) I will try to have a look at the back end to work out what is wrong and fix it.  Until then your patience is appreciated.

5 comments:

A Nonny Moose said...

Thanks Julie. Considering this has happened before, I figured that may be the problem :)

Deborah said...

Ah! That explains it. I'll try to keep an eye on the spam box too. Please feel free to e-mail me if you think a comment of yours has been spammed. I use a hotmail address, and my handle there is dfr141.

Boganette said...

Oh good! I thought I was being moderated.

Anonymous said...

While on the subject of comments, some weeks back you asked that we choose an identity rather than comment anonymously, which is a good idea.
But when I made a comment recently, I ended up being anonymous anyway because I didn't want to sign-up for a google account.

Is there a way we may choose an identity without joining google?

Yes Like This said...

"Is there a way we may choose an identity without joining google?"

Yes just use the box where it says Name/URL.