Thursday 3 March 2011

Carnival!


The 34th Down Under Feminists Carnival is up at Spilt Milk. It's a great round-up of feminist blogging down under in February, and there are masses of posts from feminist bloggers in Aotearoa NZ.

Spilt Milk is one of my favourite bloggers, for all sorts of reasons, but mostly because she makes me think very, very hard indeed about the way I understand bodies, including my own. I recommend her writing.

I think I've said it before, but it's worth saying again... I think that the Down Under Feminists Carnival is a great carnival. I've seen various other carnivals come and go, but somehow, this one is persisting. Huge thanks are due to carnival founder Lauredhel, and to current carnival convenor Chally, who have kept this local meeting of minds and ideas going. And thanks to all the wonderful women who have been included in the carnival, who have submitted posts for the carnival, who have gathered together on-line to talk feminism. On-line feminism a very broad church down under, and I think that is what helps our carnival to stay vital.

(FWIW, w.r.t. the broad church, both Cactus Kate and Ele of Homepaddock have had posts included in the carnival at various times in the past.)

Right then. Head on over to look through the 34th carnival.

No comments: