Monday 4 April 2011

Blogswarm 7th April: Abortion is a health issue not a crime

In discussions with some lovely pro choice people around the place recently we decided to do some stuff on World Health Day, 7th April, around the theme:  Abortion is a health issue not a crime.

One component of this, which I volunteered to put around the place, is a blogswarm on the theme.  I've tweeted it a few times and have finally got around to putting it up here.

The idea of a blogswarm is that people blog on the same theme on the same day, and link to each other's posts on the theme too, to get discussion going, cover an issue from lots of different angles, and generally raise awareness.

If you're keen to do the blogswarm it'd be helpful if you commented on this post along those lines, so that on 7th April when I do up a round up post linking to everyone's "Abortion is a health issue not a crime" posts I'll know to look at your place soonest.

Helpful hint:  Don't feel you have to write your post actually on 7th April.  Write it early and schedule it ahead, that way you won't forget!

As per usual, to debate the morality of abortion kindly head over to our convenient Abortion & Morality page.

14 comments:

Sandra said...

I'll do one (lettersfromwetville.blogspot.com). Great idea, hope it gets lots and lots of support.

ZenTiger said...

I'm in. You need a bit of work on the title though.

Anonymous said...

I'm up for that on goodgravey.wordpress.com.

Been drafting since your tweet.

Julie said...

When you write a genuinely pro-choice post that trusts and respects the pregnant person to control their own body ZenTiger I will link it, you can be sure of that.

Julie said...

And yay @ goodgravey and Sandra :-)

captiver said...

ALRANZ will surely be joining the swarm at its Issues blog:
http://issues.co.nz/abortion/Blog
Thanks Julie

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I'm in! redheadeddevilchild.blogspot.com :D

Scuba Nurse said...

with bells on.
on second thoughts... my uterus is kinda tacky even without bells on it.
:)

Anonymous said...

I'll likely do one! Unless this week drains my spoons excessively.

Anonymous said...

I hope to still be able to do one. My brain is getting increasingly fuzzy this week, and had to re-do from scratch.

If I can't quite manage, please accept my apologies.

Anonymous said...

I've put one up to come out in the wee hours of the morn. It's nothing particulary different but I thought it would add something slightly different into the mix.

beyondgender said...

It wasn't meant to be anonymous but I think the links hould still work :-/

Matt said...

Great idea. I wrote about this here (it's up a few hours early):

http://mydeology.co.nz/2011/04/hate-abortion-love-choice/

Julie said...

Mega thanks all, have got the index page for the prochoice blogswarm up now, seeing as how there are so many contributions already. Will close comments on this post shortly - please add any new links, comments etc on the index post instead.