Kia ora koutou,
EDEN (Eating Difficulties Education Network) is seeking several new fabulous people to join its governance board. EDEN is a not for profit organisation based in Westmere, Auckland which aims to promote body trust, size acceptance and diversity on an individual and societal level.
Governance members are volunteers who oversee the management, governance and strategic direction of the organisation. We are proud to lead a charitable organisation that is feminist, consumer and community focussed.
EDEN aims to:
- shift view of health from one that is 'weight-based' to one that centres on a holistic view of wellbeing incorporating physical,emotional, psychological and spiritual elements.
- eliminate discrimination based on size and shape
- promote body safe cultures
- support people with food and body image issues
- empower people and promote self-esteem
We do this via:
- health promotion services
- education - engaging in successful school programmes, training and workshops
- social change - informing, advocating, challenging messages and promoting an alternative view
- support groups
- resourcing - library, media, web site and drop in services
- individual change - EDEN counselling services
We are interested in women who may have some or all of the following:
- Is passionate about eating disorders and/or body image issues
- Interest in the governance of a community NGO
- Experience and/or expertise in finance; HR; training and developing; policy development and implementation; strategic planning; business development; fundraising; legal; media, accounting; advertising; IT etc.
- Cultural and disability awareness and experiences
- Able to give 4-8 hours per month
- Proactive team member
- Email and computer literate
Please note that while EDEN values and considers central, the experiences and expertise of those who are 'recovering' from an eating difficulty or disorder, it is not appropriate for people who are currently in any kind of treatment for these problems, to be on the EDEN governance board. In addition, previous EDEN counselling clients and support group members who wish to apply for EDEN governance roles will require special consideration and these applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.