- The New York Times examines the cultural change at MIT (the US one) 12 years after a damning report on the pervasive sexist discrimination shown to female professors.
- Ally went to a movie about a fat person but didn't know that until the very end.
- Rachel McCarthy James points out Kirsten Stewart is not obliged to smile. (via Tui Talk)
- Charlotte Bellis of TVNZ writes about the mental health aspect of the Christchurch earthquake (via Pickled Think)
- Rosalind Gill wrote about the re-sexualisation of women's bodies in the Monthly Review back in 2009, and it's well worth checking out.
- Marty G at The Standard rebuts that good ol' myth that the poor just waste their money on booze and smokes.
- Sophia dissects the language used by Celia Lashlie to support Shaun Metcalf's second chance with the Warriors.
- Christina H debunks six famous supposedly frivilous lawsuits. Despite the fact they are all from the USA I'd heard of most of them too, with the incorrect details.
- Amanda Marcotte thinks the attempt by Republicans to purge that scary word "uterus" from the Florida legislature's chambers reveals a great deal about anti-choicers
Saturday, 9 April 2011
at 8:20 pm by Julie
I've started gathering these through Twitter, so feel free to send them that way, or through email or the traditional comments on the post.