Thursday 28 April 2011

So long

I'm moving on from The Hand Mirror. No particular reason - just a sense that my time here is done. I'm hoping to pop up somewhere else sometime soon, but in the meantime, I can still be found at my own place, A Bee of a Certain Age. Not that there's much going on in that space at present because I am busy settling myself and my family back into Aotearoa New Zealand. But from time to time I put something up there, and my Friday Feminist series will continue there.

As I leave, I would like to acknowledge the tremendous leadership of Julie Fairey. She's a champion, a wonderful wise woman of great integrity. And my grateful thanks to the women I have been blogging with here, who have cheered me and pushed me and helped me to think new thoughts. Katy, Maia, anjum, Anne, and in earlier days, Enid, Stef, and Anna - thank you. Thank you also to the people who read here, and the people who comment here: without you, nothing.

Ka kite ano.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Thank you so much Deborah for all your many wonderful contributions, not just out here where people can see, but also behind the scenes. I have really enjoyed doing this with you, and I look forward to cooperating across the interwebs in the future too. Thank you also for your kind words, I am v touched.

stargazer said...

sorry to see you go deborah, but great to know you will still be on the internets with your wonderful writing. we've been lucky to have your contributions. all the best with your blogging future (and with everything else of course).

Maia said...

Thanks so much for everything Deborah. I'm sure other projects you're involved in (blogging and otherwise) will be awesome.

Boganette said...

Thanks so much for all the great posts Deborah. Best of luck with everything. See you over at your blog :)

Amanda said...

Thanks and good luck Deborah, you made choice reads and great support :)

Chally said...

Oh my! I'll be sad to not be seeing you here anymore, but I'm of course very happy to follow you wherever you go. When it's time, it's time. :)

stef said...

Oh thanks for the kind words and you know I'll be hanging around your place

Anonymous said...

Nothing else can really be said.

Deborah - you're a star.

Although when people say that to me I respond with "What, you calling me cold and distant?" :-)