The guest post on The Daily Blog where the waitress explains that the Prime Minister has been pulling her pony tail when he visits the cafe she works at.
Herald article giving Key's apology
My initial thoughts, after WTF, are:
- There appears to be no dispute about the basic facts
- You don't need to touch other people
- There is a huge power imbalance between the Prime Minister and someone working in hospitality in a junior position
- When asked to stop he didn't
- Intention isn't magic - harassment should be determined by the person the action is done TO, not the person who is doing it to them
- Who pulls ponytails? Seriously, why would you do that?