Sunday 8 June 2008

A little taste


Tomorrow I'm putting my money baking where my mouth is and putting on a morning tea for a campaign I mentioned back in May. You may have seen the adverts on telly, and in bus shelters, with the big cake, asking people to stop for NZ's biggest morning tea. Well it's a fundraising effort for Preventing Violence in the Home - Te Kakano Tumanako.
I'm not expecting to raise hundreds tomorrow, but I'm hoping that what my workmates contribute will join a horde of donations from similar events around the country, and make a real difference for an organisation doing the hard yards on a very hard issue.
If you are keen to give it a go check out the links above for more info. The Biggest Morning Tea campaign is running from tomorrow until June 22nd.
And yes my cupcake icing has improved slightly. The only way is up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cupcakes!

Julie said...

Thanks Megan! I haven't counted the money yet but it looked like at least $50, so that's nice.