Sunday 2 November 2008

Taking back the night, last night

Here's a couple of snaps I took last night - the first is the great banner the organisers did:


And this is one I did up; thanks to Sophia, Juliet, Anna and another woman whose name I didn't catch, for helping me carry it.

There was someone taking lots of pics, which hopefully will pop up on Indymedia, or somewhere else, in due course, in which case I'll link them.

Thanks to the organisers, although it as small it was high energy! And for those who've been following the should men be allowed to march comment thread, here's a similar discussion at Indymedia you may want to check out.

2 comments:

anthea said...

Awesome banners! I wish I could have been there...

Anonymous said...

Great to see that women are still political about the right for us to feel safe when ever where ever.

Sad to see that we still have to have such marches 30 years or so later