Happy International Women's Day!
Reminder links to events we've listed so far here and here.
Posts I've found so far, feel free to share links in comments, new content is italicised at the start:
- Red Rose Sisters shares pics of their Dunedin IWD Picnic over the weekend
- The Chch City Libraries blog asks if International Women's Day is a time to pause and reflect?
- Luddite Journo has written a blog post for the Reuters Great Debate series for IWD, hat tipped to here.
- Ele has her 8th March in history, including IWD and also, fun fact, the first broadcast of H2G2 on the radio.
- Jan Logie asks if this is a day to celebrate?
- Catherine Delahunty suggests the Minister look close to home for women's issues to address.
- The Standard blogs the NZCTU release (see below) which will no doubt create some discussion.
- PC seems to think IWD is about noticing women's bodies.
- Azlemed says thanks.
- meganwegan shares the first in a series of her Nana's speeches.
- Helen Clark's IWD speech
- Labour calls Minister of Women's Affairs Pansy Wong's approach an embarrassment.
- The NZ Council of Trade Unions calls on Wong to deliver for women
- Two releases from the UN - one on role models, the other on peace
- The Coalition for the International Criminal Court seeks protection for women
- The Asian Human Rights Commission points out Pakistan has the worst gender-based disparities.
- National Council of Women asks NZers to reflect on the contribution of women.
- The National Collective of Independent Women's Refuges considers this a day for evaluation.
- The Minister of Women's Affairs announces that there is a graduate gender pay gap and the Ministry intends to do a longtitudinal study soon. (No explicit mention of IWD, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt)
- NZUSA says women students demand action on the issue of pay equity.