Monday 16 May 2011

International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO) Round-up

May 17th is International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO), and I'm hoping to get a chance through-out the day to put up links to any posts through-out the NZ blogosphere showing support for this worthy cause.  If you spot anything not yet on the list feel free to add it in comments and when I get a chance I'll add it in. 

The twitter hashtag is #IDAHONZ and there is an @idahomophobia too.  And the NZ website is http://www.idaho.org.nz/ (where I've got most of the events from).

Consider this also a gentle reminder to get your blog on if you feel so inclined :-)

Events:
Everywhere - T-shirts for IDAHO - initiated by some great Dunedinites
Dunedin's Quizically Queer - Quiz night, part of OUSA's Diversity Week - Tuesday night
Auckland's Screening of Courage to Unfold - Tuesday night - & T-shirt making competition - Tuesday daytime

Bloggage:
Amanda at Pickled Think:  IDAHO:  International Day Against... Hate of (all types)
Julie at The Hand Mirror:  IDAHO:  Trying to do
C Connoisseur at missingsparkles:  International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
Scuba Nurse at The Hand Mirror:  I'm not just a vagina who likes men (cross-posted at Well-behaved women...)
Lena shares her great t-shirt at In My Head
Octavia at her Spitfire Emporium:  Safe places for cis women
QoT at Ideologically Impure:  No refuge for some in IDAHO
Dougal at Nae Hauf-Way Hoose:  Shinjuku Boys

Let me know if I've missed anything by adding it in comments :-)

No comments: