Sunday 11 May 2008

Monday Funday - Just Say No

Both a picture and a link this week, curtsies to Feministe:


Car accidents are a leading cause of death for teenagers. The school board and your elected representatives want to make sure that you and your families are spared from such a tragedy, which is why the money for driver's ed was eliminated from the budget. Whereas last year I was teaching your older siblings how to shift and brake and three-point-turn during a six-week course, it has since been decreed that I actually need just one afternoon to tell you the only piece of safety information I'm permitted by law to share:

The ONLY 100 percent effective method for avoiding car accidents is to ABSTAIN from driving until marriage.

Click here for the rest of this glorious chuckle-breeder.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

How you have brightened my lunchtime. I did a story on abstinence training in America once and it fueled my desire to actively promote thinking about sex amongst the teenage (and the rest of the) population. The whole abstinence concept does seem to result in such oxymoronic situations as anal sex being considered morally better than the penis meets vagina kind. Which is of no particular concern in my view, but I'm not sure that's what the moral majority in Texas had in mind when abstinence was introduced.